We have finally made it to the middle of the week! It’s usually on Wednesdays when I like to calm down a little and reflect on what I have accomplished during the previous two days. I have found that doing this really does help keep me centered on what needs to get done or if I am having a “not-so” productive week, it allows me to regroup and regain my focus.
Since my mindset is on work, the last thing I worry about is what I will be cooking for dinner. This is why I make it a point to make sure that whatever dish I decide to prepare on Wednesdays can be made under 30 min.
One recipe that fits into this category is Lime Chicken Quesadillas.
Lime Chicken Quesadillas – (adapted from Good Housekeeping)
2 tsp. canola oil
1 small onion, thinly diced
1 lime and the zest
1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked
4 burrito size flour or wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterrey cheese
sour cream for topping
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium for about one minute. Add in diced onion; cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, place cooked chicken in a bowl. Grate the lime and squeeze about 2 tbsp. of lime juice adding this to the chicken. Taste chicken and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. At this point, since the chicken is already cooked, you just want to re-heat the chicken with the onions. This should take about 5-8 min.
- Transfer chicken mixture to bowl.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture and cheese on half of each tortilla, folding it over making four (4) quesadillas.
- In the same skillet, cook quesadillas on medium heat in two (2) batches for at least 8 min or until the outside of the tortilla has browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut each quesadillas into thirds. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.
Recipe makes four (4) servings.
If you do not have any cooked chicken to use, add seasoned chicken breast to skillet once onions are tender. Cook chicken with onions for about 10-12 min.
Now it’s your turn: What recipes do you like to prepare on Wednesdays?